「 ✦ Friendships....✦ 」
Have you ever felt like a third wheel with your friends? Like no matter what you do or say will never make you enough for them to notice you properly?
I felt that way too. All the time. And I think that's part of the reasons why I'm so introverted and afraid of social interactions, especially in summer.
Summer is the perfect season to be out all night or all day with your friends, but it can quickly become boring if you don't have any friends to be out with.
I can't understand why it seems a lot more socially acceptable to have a lot of friends, but as soon as you have 1 or 2 close friends you're seen as weird? Friendships are a lot more complicated than what people make them seem to be, and I'm not saying that having less friends is for the best since it simply depends on you and what you want but it does save you from a lot of trouble and stress.
It seems pretty common for people to feel lonely and like a third wheel as I said before and it sadden me so much, because I know how it feels. I know how it feels to be constantly replaced with someone else, getting cut when you speak, trying to change yourself to be accepted or being picked last in PE. No one deserve to feel that way.
✶⋆.˚You shouldn't change for others
I know it's easier said than done, but no one should have to break themselves to be accepted. Each of us are unique, and you can see it just by looking at how different everyone's blogs look. If each of us were changing ourselves to fit, the world would have multiple copy pasted version of a single person. Being yourself is what is making you....you. There will never be another person like you out there so just be yourself and the right persons will come to you. They're not your friends if they constantly make you feel like you're weird or if they judge you for being yourself. I learnt to be fine with spending some time alone because I'm still waiting for the right friends too, and it's totally alright, being alone isn't a shame. You can actually take advantage of this to try and learn more about yourself, and believe me once you do you'll never feel sad about being alone again..
It's better to be alone than being with people that can't see your worth or change for them. You're already perfect as you are.
Take care Valmies.
No comments:
Post a Comment
⏾⋆.˚Comments