「 ✦ Sewing updates ✦ 」
I saw a super cute bag on Pinterest I really wanted to sew but I couldn't because I didn't have the right fabrics yet. Yesterday I found an old sweater I never wore and thought the fabric would make a nice bag!! It had been sitting on my sewing board for so long so I was really excited to start this project!
So I started up by drawing the pattern...I didn't find any so I had to do it myself and it might have not been my first time making patterns but since I had only the front view of the bag, it was a bit....awkward. I did well still. The cutting of the fabric was really annoying though. The black fabric was a bit slippery and it made the cutting a lot more difficult. I only had four needles and it wasn't enough to keep the fabric on the table so I had to put books on it instead lol
To have a better idea of what I wanted, I kept my laptop close to me with my reference picture and assembled the pieces like this before I sewed everything. I added a side pocket at the back of the bag because I thought I saw one in my reference. For the colors I chose black and grey: I wanted it to be a bag I could wear with everything, especially since I wear a lot of black. I liked how it looked when I put everything together and I decided to not add anything and continue. My back was screaming after this though,
I had to wait the next day to start sewing since I took so much time to cut everything and it was already late when I finished. I didn't struggled much for the first parts: I sewed the grey and black together upside down and left a hole so I could flip it later. I did it like that so the grey part could be showing slightly from outside the bag like it did in my reference!! I sewed the front first so I could add the pockets easily. I learnt the hard way that you couldn't do that when everything was already set....
This is what it looked like when I finished the front!! I also sewed the sides with the pocket and I accidentally sewed one side slightly higher than the other....😔 But I checked it and it's barely noticeable so I didn't bother fixing it or anything. I made this mistake because I sewed the bottom before I sewed the left side so please if you're planning to sew a bag don't sew the bottom before the left side!! I wasn't sure of the results when I saw the bag like that but I trusted the process and it was worth it, the bag ended up being so cute!!
This is what it looked like when I finished!! I made the straps shorter, it looked weird when they weren't and it looks much better like this! I also added a cute ribbon with the same fabric I used for the grey lining of my bag...it looks a lot much better than what I thought it would look like and I can't wait to wear it outside!! I feel like it would go well with any outfits!!
I would give it a 9 out of 10 because the straps are fine but I could've done them better, we can see where they were cut so...but I love it either way and I'll probably fix it another time!!
This is everything about sewing for now!! I can't wait to come across another thing I can sew myself again!
Kisses every1 xx





No comments:
Post a Comment
⏾⋆.˚Comments