「 ✦ Before I fall ✦ 」
Contains spoilers
I heard about Before I fall from Tiktok and I got curious and told myself: "why not watch it?". It was a really great movie and there was this cold atmosphere at the start I really liked, it reminded me of Thirteen. The start was normal: we got to see a preview of Sam's life, the main character of the movie. It really seemed like a basic movie at first, but
it starts to go wrong when she and her friend group attends a party for Cupid Day.
At the first part of the movie, we saw that girl Lindsay and her friend would bully every time they would see her. She came to the party that night and basically called every one of them bitches, and it went so far they even started a fight before they eventually calling her a psycho and told her to leave. Later that night, when they were in the car and in their way to go home, they had an accident and everything fades out.
However, even when it should've stopped here, it didn't. We got to see Sam wake up over and over again the same day and the same way she did the first time everything happened. Now that she was aware that she was living this day in a loop, she tried to change things in her day in an attempt to make it stop but it kept going and always ended the same way; Sam learnt Juliet's death.
At first, she knew she had to do something to change this day but didn't exactly knew what. She'd always find ways to avoid the death of her friend, then she'd try to avoid school and ended up doing a bunch of things but nothing worked and she kept waking up the same day.
Near the end of the movie, she tried to talk to Juliet and convince her to give up on what she'd planned that night. The movie ends with Sam preventing her from dying by sacrificing her own life for her.
I liked this movie. I even lack words to describe it. It just show that your actions matter a lot more than what you think, and something you said or did to someone, even a long time ago can affect them and makes them do terrible things. I liked how Sam gradually realized that and stopped making fun of Juliet and told her friend to stop too. I think she felt responsible for what happened and wanted to make things right, and she could because she was living she same day in a loop. That's what we can remember from this movie. You can help someone. It doesn't have to be big to be significant, and kindness can make someone's day.
I'll probably watch it again.
Anyways that's all for now!! Take care Valmies!
No comments:
Post a Comment
⏾⋆.˚Comments